TRUEPUMPERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONCRETE PUMPING

Latest topics

» S tube
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:16 pm by xavier

» New Member First Post
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:19 pm by xavier

» mudjack pump for sale
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:30 pm by smarterthanconcrete

» The new 65m
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 am by TRUEPUMPER

» pump is down
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:49 am by heypumpguy

» BUY A HOODIE AND SUPPORT OUR SITE
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 am by TRUEPUMPER

» WELCOME OUR NEW SPONSOR STAR CONCRETE PUMPERS
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 pm by TRUEPUMPER

» Busy, busy, busy.
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm by shortstik

» CIFA 80M BOOM PUMP
Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 am by TRUEPUMPER

USEFUL LINKS

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

Like/Tweet/+1

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab.

So. Cal. Dave

Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Empty Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab.

Post by So. Cal. Dave Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:29 pm

I just inherited my old pump back, after several years of not operating it. The operator was let go due to the pump being covered with concrete, and the hopper FULL of hard concrete. The picture will show this. The boom I am scraping off little by little, hopper we chipped out, outriggers too, but the top of the cab is giving me fits! I soap it up, and scrape with a putty knife lightly, and it either won't come off, or the paint comes off too! Our company will not allow pool acid, or acid soap, and they won't buy the commercial dissolvers.
    Any of you have good luck with something?
    Attachments
    Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Attachment2012-10-09_11-51-35_471smaller.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (49 Kb) Downloaded 44 times
    Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Attachment2012-10-19_10-40-59_43smaller.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (51 Kb) Downloaded 43 times
    ConcretePumpingPeople
    Admin

Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Empty Re: Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab.

Post by ConcretePumpingPeople Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:47 pm

soap and water, Soak. Keep applying soapy water and use a scraper to peel it off
    Pumpjockey

Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab. Empty Re: Cleaning OLD concrete from the top of the cab.

Post by Pumpjockey Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:02 pm

ZEP Concrete Remover (available at Home Depot very reasonably priced) Spray it on heavily - cover with plastic (to keep it from evaporating), let it sit and work for 20 minutes, scrub with a stiff scrub brush, then re-spray - let sit another 20, brush again and pressure wash....REPEAT several times. Works well enough on any surface - vertical surfaces, use magnets to hold the plastic on.
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Soak it in deisel
    So. Cal. Dave

Post by So. Cal. Dave Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:53 pm

I'm gonna get some of that ZEP concrete remover tomorrow! Never heard of it before. I have a lot of places to use it. Thanks for the idea Pumpjockey. I have tried diesel fuel before, but in the heat we have here in the desert, it doesn't do much as the concrete is baked onto a cab that is way too hot to touch, and allowed to sit in 120 plus temps. It is like solid, well, concrete! Mr. Barone, how do you reply to a topic? Can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.
    So. Cal. Dave

Post by So. Cal. Dave Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:15 am

Just went online to see the prices of cement remover. Not available in California. Can't have it sent here by H.D. or Lowes either. Must be a bio hazard. Some places will send it, (Not home depot), but shipping is more than the cost of the product!
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:30 pm

GO TO USEFUL LINKS DAVE. ENVIROSYSTEMS HAS AN AWESOME CONCRETE REMOVER! IT IS CALLED CRETE BUSTER

Last edited by MR. BARONE on Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pumpjockey

Post by Pumpjockey Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:41 pm

the ZEP product is very similar to RoMix Backset. http://romixchem.com/romix_cart/proddetail.php?prod=10001BST005PL Not sure whether you can get that in Cali, either.

Here's the Envirosystems product: http://www.envirosys.us/our-products/cretebuster.html

Another similar product is Speedy-Clean: http://www.speedycleanusa.com/concretedissolverinfo.html

I've also heard some good things about Kwik sand: http://www.syntecpro.com/Transportation%20&%20Commercial%20Cleaners/Concrete%20&%20Ashphalt%20Cleaners/Concrete%20Cleaners.htm

Do a Google Search for "non acid concrete remover"
    So. Cal. Dave

Post by So. Cal. Dave Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks for all the input! I will check some of them out. As so many people move here from all over the world, it gets more and more crowded. People dump stuff into the storm drains, and it kills the ocean, so, there are SO many laws about chemicals here in California. That's why most of these concrete removers are illegal here I suppose. It's really hard sometimes to deal with this massive population growth, but, it's home.
    So. Cal. Dave

Post by So. Cal. Dave Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Well, it appears the management doesn't feel this cab is cleanable to their expectations, especially for a high yardage, high profile 36m bigmouth Putz. They intend on cleaning the pump up, (with our half dozen or so yard assistants), painting the cab, getting her back in shape, and off I go! Now, companies never change their mind, again, so we will see...
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 pm

WELL SAVE U A BUNCH OF SKINNED KNUCKLES

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content