TRUEPUMPERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONCRETE PUMPING

Latest topics

» S tube
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:16 pm by xavier

» New Member First Post
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:19 pm by xavier

» mudjack pump for sale
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:30 pm by smarterthanconcrete

» The new 65m
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 am by TRUEPUMPER

» pump is down
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:49 am by heypumpguy

» BUY A HOODIE AND SUPPORT OUR SITE
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 am by TRUEPUMPER

» WELCOME OUR NEW SPONSOR STAR CONCRETE PUMPERS
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 pm by TRUEPUMPER

» Busy, busy, busy.
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm by shortstik

» CIFA 80M BOOM PUMP
TRUE STORY Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 am by TRUEPUMPER

USEFUL LINKS

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

Like/Tweet/+1

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

TRUE STORY

TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

TRUE STORY Empty TRUE STORY

Post by TRUEPUMPER Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:37 am

True story read carefully please.
    Friday a pump operator pulled on his job. The super. showed him his pour and went over the details. The operator primed out the 55m and begun to pour. Only him and the hose-man were doing any work. The first pass was done. The operator moves his boom for the second pass. The finishers decided to sit down and eat breakfast for an hr before attempting to screed the first pass. In the meanwhile trucks of 7000psi high-early are stacking up. Finally the finishers decided to go to work. The concrete now being poured is hotter than it already was as fresh hot mud. With only 150 yrd to go the pump shuts down for unknown reasons. No time to troubleshoot with this mix. The operator tries the palm valves and they work, he instructs the guy on the back of the pump how to use the palm valves and goes back to pouring the concrete. Another pump and mechanic is already on the way immediately called by the operator. The palm valves after another pass have also stopped working. The operator swings the boom off of the building and directly hooks up his blow-out cap. The air valve on the air tank breaks off in his hand. he calls for the air compressor from the top of the slab. Meanwhile the hopper has already set up. The operator by the grace of god got the boom cleaned out. He can now work on the hopper. He opens the hopper door and nothing at all comes out. The operator takes a high powered water hose under the hopper and tries to get it to come out nothing. He grabs a shovel and proceeds to scoop out the set-up hopper little by little while screaming for some help. Finally a form carpenter runs up and starts to help. Seeing how bad the situation really was even the super tries to help. By this time, only 10 minutes later the operator is exhausted. He tries to cool himself off with the water hose, is not working, he is feeling light headed. He sits in the shade and the he collapses. He is now pass out with a heat stroke. They call 911. 3 minutes later hes in an ambulance. He regains consciousness. They try to give fluids but his veins have already collapsed in his arms and legs. Blood is being cut off to his organs and brain at this time. Finally the are able to get a line in him. They force squeeze 4 liters of fluid into him. Now even with this help his heart is becoming erratic and blood pressure is beyond belief. Luckily he is 4 blocks from the hospital. He arrives with a core temp of a 108 degrees. They use ice and chilled blankets to cool him down.Then there was 2 days in a comma. After a few days his vital signs are getting better. Now is the task of testing for the damage done. An EKG shows damage to his heart. Without further intense tests they will not know the long term effects. THIS OPERATOR WAS ME IT HAPPEND FRIDAY 8-1-08 If a heat exchanger for me was in place this might not of happend. I almost died Friday 5 minutes more I would not be here telling you this story. The problem with the pump was it also overheated due to a faulty cooling fan.
    ericicf

TRUE STORY Empty Re: TRUE STORY

Post by ericicf Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:53 pm

That happened in '08 Brian ? What make of pump ?
    I don't know how or why any Super would let finishers sit with that type of mix.
    Even the testing co. would bitch us out large if we sat for a 1 hr lunch.
    Our fan switch has a manual override so we switch on any warm day.
    When you are in a high stress pour, it is hard to take time to do any strategic thinking/troubleshooting.
    You played it right.
    I hope your health was not affected long term.
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:14 pm

I HAVE PERM HEART DAMGE DUE TO THE INCIDENT
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:16 pm

ericicf wrote:That happened in '08 Brian ? What make of pump ?
    I don't know how or why any Super would let finishers sit with that type of mix.
    Even the testing co. would bitch us out large if we sat for a 1 hr lunch.
    Our fan switch has a manual override so we switch on any warm day.
    When you are in a high stress pour, it is hard to take time to do any strategic thinking/troubleshooting.
    You played it right.
    I hope your health was not affected long term.

IT WAS A 55M PUTZ THE FAN MOTORS GAVE OUT IT WAS LIKE 110 OUT THAT DAY...NEVER EVER DUE I WANT TO ENDURE THE PAIN I SUFFERD AGAIN....IT WAS AWFUL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content