TRUEPUMPERS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CONCRETE PUMPING

Latest topics

» S tube
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:16 pm by xavier

» New Member First Post
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:19 pm by xavier

» mudjack pump for sale
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:30 pm by smarterthanconcrete

» The new 65m
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 am by TRUEPUMPER

» pump is down
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:49 am by heypumpguy

» BUY A HOODIE AND SUPPORT OUR SITE
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 am by TRUEPUMPER

» WELCOME OUR NEW SPONSOR STAR CONCRETE PUMPERS
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 pm by TRUEPUMPER

» Busy, busy, busy.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:28 pm by shortstik

» CIFA 80M BOOM PUMP
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:30 am by TRUEPUMPER

USEFUL LINKS

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

ad

Like/Tweet/+1

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
blacksheep55
ConcretePumpingPeople
TRUEPUMPER
7 posters

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP

Poll

FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP

[ 1 ]
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_left20%WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_left60%WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 1 ]
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_left20%WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_left0%WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_left0%WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 5
    Poll closed
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Empty WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP

Post by TRUEPUMPER Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

LET US KNOW WHAT U THIK IS THE BEST AND WHY
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Empty Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP

Post by TRUEPUMPER Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:39 pm

I PICKED CONCORD. WHY? CAUSE THEY ARE JUST BAD ASS AND MOST USER FRIENDLY!
    ConcretePumpingPeople
    Admin

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP Empty Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PUMP

Post by ConcretePumpingPeople Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 pm

i like schwings because they have smooth booms, and quiet pumps
    blacksheep55

Post by blacksheep55 Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Depends on what you are doing with them really and what size. 32-42 resedential and light commercial- Schwing all the way. High-rise-Putz all the way. Big boom- Putz, but never ran a Concord.
    Ndfuccillo

Post by Ndfuccillo Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:19 am

Never anything but schwings
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:11 pm

ONCE U GO TO A CONCORD OR PUTZ YOU WILL NEVER LOOK BACK
    Ndfuccillo

Post by Ndfuccillo Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Heard Concords r really user friendly. And putz's r smooth but a lot of technology and electronics
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:52 pm

CONCORDS ARE THE MOST USER FRIENDLY AND SMOOTH HEAVY BOOMS...ALSO VERY POWERFUL PUMPS...PUTZ ARE NICE BUT THE BOOMS ARE TOO LIGHT LIKE SCHWINGS AND BOUNCE A BUNCH
    Ndfuccillo

Post by Ndfuccillo Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Think I would like a putz 40z or 47z and I definitely wanna get a Schwing 31 ht
    blacksheep55

Post by blacksheep55 Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:53 pm

I look at Schwings and Putz like this. A schwing is like an old chevy truck with a 350. It might not be the nicest or the best money can buy, but it's reliable as the sun coming up, and once you get used to it, it will never leave you stranded. A putz is like a Mercedes-Benz. Nice, has all the bells and whistles, but when it really goes down, you're f%cked. Better get a certified Putz tech to fix it. Everybody talks about how smooth the Putz booms are, but after running both for several years, I can honestly say that the smoothest booms I have ever run have all been Schwings.
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:16 pm

LANCE YOU SHOULD HAVE THE PLEASURE TO RUN A CONCORD!
    cp1

Post by cp1 Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:08 am

I like Morgens. I havent ran putz or schwing so i cant comment on them. thinking about updating to a concord, i like the simplicity of operation.
    So. Cal. Dave

Post by So. Cal. Dave Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Morgen? Didn't they go out with the flapper valve and the toggle switch remotes?
    ConcretePumpingPeople
    Admin

Post by ConcretePumpingPeople Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:12 pm

lol Morgen pumps. I've ran one of those before, also ran some Thompson pumps. Fun stuff. I prefer more modern equipment myself .. Hell, even the mid 80s elbas are better than the those dinosaurs
    So. Cal. Dave

Post by So. Cal. Dave Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Oh ya, I remember the Elba! We called them the bathtub pump, because of the huge bathtub sized hopper, and the impossible toggle switch remotes!
    cp1

Post by cp1 Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:19 pm

no not at all, swing valve design pump, proportional controls no toggle switch. in fact i think they had proportional control before schwing, dont quote me on that. continuous rotation. hydraulic signal to shift (putz is still working on that evidentally) very simple design. nothing fancy. yes morgen HAD a flapper valve at one time, but that was a long time ago, like in the 70's. comparing a morgen to elba? give me a break. dinosaurs? morgen quit production in 2002, thats an awfully young dinosaur. mabye its a lot older in california years. were they Cadillac's? nope. but hey if you want to call it a POS go right ahead.
    ConcretePumpingPeople
    Admin

Post by ConcretePumpingPeople Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:05 pm

I guess I should have clarified the only Morgans and Elbas ive ran were early to mid 80s pumps. Sorry for offending you CP1.. I didnt realize you were a Morgan Fan
    TRUEPUMPER
    TRUEPUMPER
    SITE OWNER

Post by TRUEPUMPER Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:10 pm

I BELIEVE ANY PUMP THAT WORKS WELL FOR WHOEVER RUNS IT IS JUST FINE! WE ALL HAVE OUR FAVORITES. NONE OF THE ARE A POS UNLESS ABUSED AND NOT KEPT UP MECH.
    cp1

Post by cp1 Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:26 am

No need to apologize. i was just making some useful corrections. Smile i get tired of the whole putz/schwing holier than thou attitude. there are plenty of other good pumps out there. now im not saying that they are all created equal, just my 2 cents.
    mrpumpy
    mrpumpy

Post by mrpumpy Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:35 am

i have worked on Coime 27m 1989 mecbo24m pulsar 1988 (italian pumps) putz 24m putz 36m putz 42m and mostly every schwing from 24m up to 52m ever made. smoothes boom i think is the 45m schwing ( put a burning lighter on the tip and i will light your sigaret 40 meters away without hitting your nose) my favorit however is the schwing 34 because it is the most flexible pump in the world. Low footprint (6.20x7.13x5.80m) full 30m sidereach. and is the only pump in the world that you can set up and turn left and right (with a turning range of 570°) all the others turn 370° with will put you in a mess when you are under an obstacle.

how can i vote?
    So. Cal. Dave

Post by So. Cal. Dave Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:14 pm

NOT a personal attack Cp1, just our opinions. Elba, Morgen, Thompsen, Reed, Squeezers, all these are, or in some cases were good pumps, they just can't take the strain of today's demands on pumps, for 10 years plus, especially with the high heats we have everywhere. The desert southwest where I live, 116 degrees is quite common in the summer, and these pumps have a tough time with the wear and tear, and the heat. The Sanyo won't survive long if they don't improve their reliability. Most all of them purchased around here are re-sold. Can't take the pressure and long hours. Putz had major troubles with overheat issues in the late 80's, early 90's. Now, these pumps have dual coolers, and last years and years. The only flapper valve I ever ran didn't have main section pressure down, it had pressure relief, section down. If you got the main up past vertical, the boom could fall backwards, ruining your day. Possibly a 60's or 70's model, I don't remember.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:34 am